The philosophy of our lesson program is to instill self-esteem, teach responsibility, foster self-discipline and value proper sportsmanship in an environment that promotes safety and a positive attitude. This is achieved through teaching not only riding, but care of the horse or pony, proper grooming, and care of equipment.
Hunter Ridge Farm offers beginner through advanced riding lessons on school horses or student-owned horses. The curriculum is designed individually according to your abilities or desires, whether it is showing or just learning for your own enjoyment.
- Personalized lesson programs to maximize equestrian skills.
- Students learn stable management and horse care.
- Students are tested on a level scale to rate their progress throughout their riding careers.
- Lessons are available on the private hour, Private Half-Hour and Group Hour. (Group lessons will have no more than 5 riders at a time.)
- Camps are offered in the summer time.
Through our training program, our goal is to have happy horses that enjoy their jobs. We carefully evaluate each horse to develop a training program to best suite the horse and its abilities. Training packages are offered in full, partial training or individual rides.
Services also offered:
- Lunging Sessions
- In-Hand Work
- Starting Young Horses
- Training Rides